Roger Brown of Indiana woke up Wednesday morning to find his puppy licking his feet. The dog had also chewed two of his toes off. The 6-month old pit bull puppy, named Bo, completely gnawed off Brown's big and small toe on his left foot before Brown woke up. Brown is diabetic and was suffering from a foot infection, which is likely why he didn't feel the affectionate gnawing. The man said that he believes it was his own fault for not properly wrapping up the blistering infection on his foot. Doctors believe that Bo may have been trying to help his owner.
Daniel Metzgar had penile implant surgery in December 2009 to improve his love life after trying other measures unsuccessfully, and it worked a little too well. The Delaware truck driver says he was left with an erection that didn't go away for eight months, according to his medical malpractice lawsuit, which is being heard this week. But attorneys for the urologist who performed the procedure say Metzgar should have known there was a problem when, by his own admission, his scrotum swelled to volleyball size. But, they say, Metzgar didn't alert the doctor that anything was wrong until April. He got another prosthesis that works correctly, but he claims all the problems with the first one left him 50% smaller than he used to be down there.
A Wisconsin teacher who told hospital staff she was drinking at 6 a.m. vomited and passed out during a field trip last week. Maria Caya, 50, was supervising her fourth grade class on a visit to a bowling alley. At noon, her blood alcohol allegedly measured .27, more than three times the legal limit. Caya had no role in driving the students to the event. Her husband said there were other adults in charge of the students at the bowling alley. The Janesville School District released a statement: "Student health or safety was not compromised, due to eight other district employees present on the field trip. After the employee became ill, her husband responded to the field trip location and he took responsibility for her."